Friday, March 02, 2012

Weekend Reading: Creative Ways to Say Happy Birthday


This has been a super busy week for us.  We had Caroline's 8th birthday yesterday and are leaving tomorrow for a long weekend trip to New York City (where we will celebrate my birthday on Tuesday)!

Since birthdays are on the brain right now, I thought I would share a few of my favorite festive birthday links.

I loved this birthday surprise in a box from Oh Happy Day so much, a friend and I made a similar one for our friend Sarah last year on her birthday.

Also from Oh Happy Day, a fun envelope surprise that you can do to include friends and loved ones from afar (because not everyone lives close enough to leave balloons at the door).

This birthday party in a box from You Are My Fave would be so fun to create for someone and give in-person or send in the mail.

And there is always the option of giving ice cream--from near or far!  Have you heard enough about ice cream already?  :)

If you're feeling crafty or want a weekend project, I made the mini birthday garland above for Caroline's 7th birthday last year after seeing this post on Creature Comforts (tutorial at Lovely Indeed).   I love mini word garlands!

I hope these ideas will inspire you like they have inspired me!  Birthdays are such a fun time for being thoughtful.  I'll be back at the end of next week with a few more birthday-related posts.  Right now I'd better start packing . . .

Happy Friday!

:) amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog comments are thoughtful . . . :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...